This online course forms stage 2 of the BRE BIM Certification and is for professionals who undertake information management functions (roles or responsibilities) in accordance with the ISO 19650 standard. These can either be for or by an Appointing Party, Lead Appointed Party or Task Teams.
This course has been developed by experienced BIM experts, who have extensive working knowledge of ISO 19650 and the previous BS 1192 2007 and PAS 1192-2 standards, and regularly contribute to the UK and International BIM Standards Committees.
Led by our BIM expert tutor, on completion you’ll be equipped and ready to realise the benefits of BIM within your own organisation and to develop your career.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Define exchange information requirements
- Recognise the open data format requirements to comply with COBie
- Understand the production of the Employer’s information requirements (EIR)
- Apply the process of extracting standard method procedures (SMPs) from the EIR
- Identify methods of assessing the supply chain
- Apply the process of authoring BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Define a pre and post-appointment BEP
- Recognise the considerations when producing information for construction scheduling (4D)
- Recognise the process of detecting clashes and the benefits of clash avoidance
Is it right for me?
This online training course is suitable for construction and asset management professionals (including designers, constructors, project managers, asset managers, manufacturers, information managers and maintenance contractors) and you’re working towards BRE BIM Certification. It’s suitable for those implementing BIM into their organisation, their own work practices, or assisting their clients or supply chains with BIM adoption.
You must have passed the examination (online or classroom version) in our BIM Essentials (ISO 19650) training course to be able to undertake this course.
There is no pre-reading required for this training course.
Unit 1 – Information requirements
- Clear information requirements
- Exchange information requirements
Unit 2 – BIM execution planning
- Assessing the supply chain
- Pre-appointment BEP
- BIM execution planning
- Developing SMPs
Unit 3 – Production of information
- Producing with purpose
- Model-based schedules
- Spatial co-ordination
- Sharing information
Unit 4 – Exchanging information
- Information exchange
- Accepting information
- Delivering open data
- Delivering COBie
- Delivering spatial co-ordination
The course concludes with a short online exam test that includes questions on all topics covered. This is a great way to demonstrate your new knowledge and identify further learning that you may require.
Learners who completed this
After successful completion of this course, you’ll be able to apply for the BRE BIM Certification status.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Flexible access – learn from your office or your home
- Own-pace learning – pause, replay as you wish
- CPD certificate on completion
Prefer to learn with others?
More BIM Courses
BIM Level 2 Business systems certification
With a number of competing organization now offering Certification in Building Information Modelling (BIM), the most frequent question BRE receives is a request for clarity around the BRE Global Business Systems Certification (BSC) scheme.
BIM ISO 19650 Bundle: BIM essentials and information management (online)
Building information modelling (BIM) is transforming construction, and skills are in high demand. Our BIM ISO 19650 bundle offers the fastest and most cost-effective path towards your BIM Certification.
BIM Level 2 Awareness (online)
This course has been designed to give delegates an introduction to Building Information Modelling (BIM) and a solid knowledge base on which they can progress on to the more advanced, discipline-based training courses provided by BRE.
BIM ISO 19650 Essentials (online)
This online course provides an overview of information management using BIM as outlined in ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2.