Building information modelling (BIM) is transforming construction. With change comes many opportunities. But where should you start?
Our BIM ISO 19650 Awareness course comprises two easy to follow online modules that will kickstart your BIM journey. It provides an essential overview of BIM terminology demystifying this area with a practical, expert-led approach.
This training course has been fully updated in line with the latest BIM international standard (ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2).
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Define BIM and what constitutes an information model
- Identify and define the key BIM terminology
- Recognise the BIM maturity stages
- Understand the value of a whole life approach
- Identify vulnerability issues and security threats to digital assets
- Recognise the core and extended suit of standards, documents and deliverables for ISO 19650 and BIM adoption
Is it right for me?
This course is ideal if you’re new to BIM, or have just a little prior experience, or if you require an overview knowledge of BIM.
Please note, the content of this course is repeated in our more extensive BIM ISO 19650 Essentials training course. If you intend to complete training towards the BRE BIM Certification, then you’re advised to book onto the Essentials course.
Should you complete this course and then choose to undertake our BIM 19650 Essentials training course, we’ll offer that course at a discounted price.
No prior experience is required. There is no pre-reading required for this training course.
- Module 1: Catalyst for Change
- Module 2: What is BIM
Learners who completed this
After completing this course, you’ll receive a discount for bookings made to our BIM 19650 Essentials training course – the first step towards the BRE BIM Certification.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Flexible access – learn from your office or your home
- Own-pace learning – pause, replay as you wish
- CPD certificate on completion
More BIM Courses
Who Needs a BIM Manager?
Recorded webinar developed in partnership with the CIAT. Learn some of the key elements you need to know about this standard.
BIM AMA (Ask me Anything)
A recording of an hour-long live BIM Q and A session hosted by Dan Rossiter.
BIM Level 2 Webinar Bundle
This webinar bundle contains seven recorded BIM webinars from the BRE BIM experts.