The BIM ISO 19650 -Awareness Course provides an understanding of why BIM as Information Management is a fundamental requirement in delivering change within the AEC Industry and provides a common understanding of the acronyms. terms and definitions to facilitate collaborative exchange as we start to take advantage of the digital capabilities available to us.
- Unit 1 – Catalyst for Change
- Unit 2 – What is BIM
Please note this BIM ISO 19650 Awareness course delivers the same content as the first 3hrs of the BIM ISO 19650 Essentials course and so should be viewed as an either/or with that course to avoid duplication.
Module Learning Outcomes
- Identify the drivers that have led to the adoption of BIM
- Understand the value of a whole life approach rather than capital-led
- Understand why collaborative and new ways of working are required
- Identify the effects of poor information management on projects
- Identify the Standard developed to mitigate poor information
- Define BIM and what constitutes an information model
- Identify & define the key BIM terminology
- Understand the industry adopted BIM dimensions
- Define BIM maturity stages
- Identify the core and extended suit of standards, documents and deliverables for ISO 19650 and BIM adoption
- Understand ownership of information and related issues
- Identify the contractual interventions required to support BIM Stage 2
- Identify the vulnerability issues and security threats to digital assets
Select the number of delegate places on the next page.
More BIM Courses
BIM Standards, Methods and Procedures
An hour long recorded webinar session on standards, methods and procedures for BIM and how to ensure these are adhered to across a project.
BIM Level 2 Webinar Bundle
This webinar bundle contains seven recorded BIM webinars from the BRE BIM experts.
BIM Level 2 – Awareness
This course has been designed to give delegates an introduction to Building Information Modelling (BIM) and a solid knowledge base on which they can progress on to the more advanced, discipline-based training courses provided by BRE.
BIM Level 1: Walk Before You Can Run
This webinar will cover the steps required to adopt BIM Level 1 as explained in BS1192.