Building information modelling (BIM) is transforming construction, and skills are in high demand. Our BIM ISO 19650 bundle offers the fastest and most cost-effective path towards your BIM Certification.
With one purchase you’ll receive both our BIM Essentials and BIM Information management (ISO 19650) comprehensive online training courses. Successful completion of BIM Essentials unlocks the second course. Complete both courses and you’ll have acquired all the knowledge and learning needed to then apply for the prestigious BRE Individual certification (BIM Practitioner).
Delivered in structured modules, you’ll be guided by our BIM expert tutor from introducing the key terminology right through to applying your knowledge in BIM information management functions.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain to others the value proposition of Information Management using BIM
- Feel confident in outlining the key elements of the ISO 19650-2 process
- Identify the key stakeholders in the information management function
- Recognise the open data format requirements to comply with COBie
- Understand the production of the Employer’s information requirements (EIR)
- Extract standard method procedures (SMPs) from the EIR
- Define a pre and post-appointment BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Recognise the considerations when producing information for construction scheduling (4D)
- Adopt these processes within your organisation
- Apply for BRE Individual certification (BIM Practitioner)
Is it right for me?
These online courses are suitable for construction and asset management professionals (including designers, constructors, project managers, asset managers, manufacturers, information managers and maintenance contractors). They’re suitable for those implementing BIM into their organisation, their own work practices, or assisting their clients or supply chains with BIM adoption. These two online training courses provide a path towards BRE Individual certification (BIM Practitioner).
We recommend you have a general awareness and familiarity with BIM. If you’re looking for a concise overview of BIM or are entirely new to BIM, try our BIM Awareness online training course first.
This purchase comprises two online training courses. Successful completion of BIM Essentials will unlock BIM Information management.
There is no pre-reading required for this training course.
— BIM Essentials (ISO 19650) —
Module 1: The Basics of BIM
- Unit 1 – Catalyst for Change
- Unit 2 – What is BIM
Module 2: The Essentials of ISO 19650
- Unit 1 – Introduction to ISO 19650
- Unit 2 – Information procurement
- Unit 3 – Information planning
- Unit 4 – Information production
Module 3: The essentials of BIM best practice
- Unit 1 – Information management functions
- Unit 2 – Best practice standard, methods and procedures (SMPs)
This course concludes with a short online exam test that includes questions on all topics covered. Successfully passing the exam will unlock BIM Information management (ISO 19650) course.
— BIM Information management (ISO 19650) —
- Unit 1 – Information requirements
- Unit 2 – BIM execution planning
- Unit 3 – Production of information
- Unit 4 – Exchanging information
This course concludes with a short online exam test.
Learners who completed this
After successful completion of both training courses in BIM ISO 19650 bundle, you’ll be able to apply for the BRE Individual certification (BIM Practitioner).
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Flexible access – learn from your office or your home
- Own-pace learning – pause, replay as you wish
- CPD certificate on completion
Prefer to learn with others?
More BIM Courses
BIM AMA (Ask me Anything)
A recording of an hour-long live BIM Q and A session hosted by Dan Rossiter.
BIM Level 1 Walk Before You Can Run
This webinar will cover the steps required to adopt BIM Level 1 as explained in BS1192.
BIM Level 2 Delivering Information Management (online)
This course is the second stage of our BIM training programme towards individual certification. The 12 hour course leads to a practical understanding of the management of information within the BIM Level 2 process. Having completed this course, you will have a practical understanding of some of the management, standards, methods and procedures in the BIM environment.
BIM: The Responsibility Matrix
In order to ensure that information is produced in a lean and efficient manner, a responsibility matrix is required. The Responsibility Matrix is key in defining which task teams will produce what information; and is a required precursor to develop the Task and Master Information Delivery Plans.