Building information modelling (BIM) is transforming construction. With change comes many opportunities. But where should you start?
Our BIM Awareness (Level 2) course comprises two easy to follow online modules that will kickstart your BIM journey. It provides an essential overview of BIM terminology demystifying this area with a practical, expert-led approach.
This course provides you with an understanding of the developments that have led to BIM Level 2, as well as providing the context needed to understand why specific elements are included or excluded from this process and the UK government’s mandate.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Define BIM and what constitutes an information model
- Identify and define the key BIM terminology
- Recognise the BIM maturity stages
- Understand the value of a whole life approach
- Identify vulnerability issues and security threats to digital assets
- Recognise the core and extended suit of standards, documents and deliverables for BIM Level 2 and its adoption
Is it right for me?
This course is ideal if you’re new to BIM, or have just a little prior experience, or if you require an overview knowledge of BIM.
Please note, the content of this course is repeated in our more extensive BIM Essentials (Level 2) training course. If you intend to complete training towards the BRE BIM Certification, then you’re advised to book onto the Essentials course.
If you complete this course and then choose to undertake our BIM Essentials (Level 2) training course, we’ll offer that course at a discounted price.
We also offer BIM training courses at all levels that follow the new international standard ISO 19650.
No prior experience is required. There is no pre-reading required for this training course.
- Module 1: Catalyst for Change
- Module 2: What is BIM
Learners who completed this
After completing this course, you’ll receive a discount for bookings made to our BIM Essentials (Level 2) training course – the first step towards the BRE BIM Certification.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Flexible access – learn from your office or your home
- Own-pace learning – pause, replay as you wish
- CPD certificate on completion
More BIM Courses
BIM for Manufacturing
This webinar from BRE explains how BIM data can benefit the manufacturing process for manufacturers, designers, constructors and operators.
Who Needs a BIM Manager?
Recorded webinar developed in partnership with the CIAT. Learn some of the key elements you need to know about this standard.
BIM Level 2 Delivering Information Management (online)
This course is the second stage of our BIM training programme towards individual certification.
BIM Level 1 Walk Before You Can Run
This webinar will cover the steps required to adopt BIM Level 1 as explained in BS1192.