Building information modelling (BIM) is transforming construction. Our BIM essentials course is your stepping stone to project success and progress towards BIM Certification.
This comprehensive online training course provides an overview of information management using BIM following the UK BIM Level 2 standard.
Delivered in structured modules, you’ll explore the key terminology used when describing BIM and the activities which form the information management function. Our BIM expert tutor guide you and ensure that on completion you’re equipped and ready to realise the benefits of BIM within your own organisation.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Define BIM, its terminology and its processes
- Understand the key principles of BIM Level 2, which can be applied locally while still being consistent with the industry internationally
- Demonstrate your awareness of the emerging buildingSMART international information standard
- Use your knowledge to achieve internationally recognised good practice
- Discuss international information standards relating to openBIM and interoperability
- Understand BIM from a whole life cycle perspective
- Access standards and resources to take learning back into the workplace
Is it right for me?
This course is suitable for construction industry professionals, including designers, consultants, contractors, manufacturers, clients, facilities management and other professionals who wish to gain a broad understanding of BIM Level 2.
It’s suitable for those implementing BIM into their organisation, their own work practices, or assisting their clients or supply chains with BIM adoption.
Please note that we also offer BIM Essentials (ISO 19650) training course which follows the new international BIM standard.
We recommend you have a general awareness and familiarity with BIM. If you’re looking for a concise overview of BIM or are entirely new to BIM, try our BIM Awareness (Level 2) online training course first.
There is no pre-reading required for this training course.
- What is BIM?
- Catalyst for Change
- Information Delivery Cycle
- Standards, Methods and Procedures
- Who needs a BIM Manager?
- Benefits of Information Management
- Implementing BIM
The course concludes with a short online exam test that includes questions on all topics covered. This is a great way to demonstrate your new knowledge and identify further learning that you may require.
Learners who completed this
After successful completion of this course you’ll be able to progress to our BIM Level 2 Delivering Information Management training course and then on to apply for the BRE BIM Certification status.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Flexible access – learn from your office or your home
- Own-pace learning – pause, replay as you wish
- CPD certificate on completion
Select the number of delegate places on the next page.
Also available in a bundle
More BIM Courses
BIM ISO 19650 Bundle: BIM essentials and information management (online)
Building information modelling (BIM) is transforming construction, and skills are in high demand. Our BIM ISO 19650 bundle offers the fastest and most cost-effective path towards your BIM Certification.
BIM Level 2 Delivering Information Management (online)
This course is the second stage of our BIM training programme towards individual certification.
BIM ISO 19650 Delivering information management (classroom)
This six-hour course forms Stage 2 of the BRE BIM Certification education pathway and is for professionals who undertake Information Management functions.
BIM: The Responsibility Matrix
In order to ensure that information is produced in a lean and efficient manner, a responsibility matrix is required. The Responsibility Matrix is key in defining which task teams will produce what information; and is a required precursor to develop the Task and Master Information Delivery Plans.