BIM Essentials is the first step towards achieving BIM Level 2 Certification for Individuals. Having successfully completed the examination for BIM Essentials the next step is to pass the examination for BIM Information Management and then you can apply for BIM Certification.
This course will give users:-
- a solid grounding in BIM
- an insight into BIM processes
- a good understanding and knowledge of the key principles of BIM Level 2, which can be applied locally while still being consistent with the industry internationally
- an awareness of the emerging buildingSMART International information standard
- relevant knowledge and capabilities to achieve internationally recognised good practice
- awareness of other international developments such as open BIM initiatives formed to facilitate interoperability
- an understanding of BIM from a whole life cycle perspective
- knowledge of where to access standards and resources to take learning back into the workplace
There are no pre-requisites for attending this course. However, an understanding of procurement and construction is recommended.
This course is suitable for construction industry professionals, including designers, consultants, contractors, manufacturers, clients, facilities management and other professionals who wish to gain a broad understanding of BIM Level 2.
- What is BIM?*
- Catalyst for Change*
- Information Delivery Cycle
- Standards, Methods and Procedures
- Who needs a BIM Manager?
- Benefits of Information Management
- Implementing BIM
*These modules are covered in Basics of BIM Level 2. If you have completed ‘Introduction to BIM Level 2’ you will receive a discount. You may revisit these two modules as revision.
At the end of this course, you will be able to Define BIM and understand key BIM terminology as well as explain the UK BIM maturity levels and the industry adopted BIM Dimensions. You will be able to identify the core and extended suite of standards, documents and deliverables describing BIM Level 2, understand why the construction industry needs to change and the drivers behind that change. You will be able to explain the Information Delivery Cycle and identify the role of the Employer in defining their information requirements.
Successful completion of this course allows you to book and attend the BIM Level 2 for Information Managers and take a step closer to becoming a BIM Certified Professional. If you already know that you want to become a BIM Certified Professional, you can take the BIM Level 2 Online Training Bundle. You can visit our BIM Courses for Certification page to see the process.
Select the number of delegate places on the next page.
More BIM Courses
BIM Webinar Series
Take this course to cover 3 hour long recorded tutorials: Who Needs a BIM Manager, Information Delivery & Standards, Methods and Procedures.
BIM Standards, Methods and Procedures
An hour long recorded webinar session on standards, methods and procedures for BIM and how to ensure these are adhered to across a project.
BIM ISO 19650 – Delivering Information Management – Classroom
This six-hour course forms Stage 2 of the BRE BIM Certification education pathway and is for professionals who undertake Information Management functions.
BIM Level 2 Online Training Bundle
This course combines two existing BRE Academy courses, fast tracking participants to a stage where they can consider BIM certification.