This online course forms stage 2 of the BRE BIM Certification and is for professionals who undertake information management functions (roles or responsibilities) in accordance with the BIM Level 2 standard. These can either be for or by an Appointing Party, Lead Appointed Party or Task Teams.
This course has been developed by experienced our BIM experts, who have an extensive working knowledge of BIM Level 2 standards (BS 1192 2007 and PAS 1192-2) and regularly contribute to the UK and international BIM Standards Committees.
Led by our BIM expert tutor, on completion you’ll be equipped and ready to realise the benefits of BIM within your own organisation and to develop your career.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Define exchange information requirements
- Recognise the open data format requirements to comply with COBie
- Understand the production of the Employer’s information requirements (EIR)
- Apply the process of extracting standard method procedures (SMPs) from the EIR
- Identify methods of assessing the supply chain
- Apply the process of authoring BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Define a pre and post-appointment BEP
- Recognise the considerations when producing information for construction scheduling (4D)
- Recognise the process of detecting clashes and the benefits of clash avoidance
Is it right for me?
This online training course is suitable for construction and asset management professionals (including designers, constructors, project managers, asset managers, manufacturers, information managers and maintenance contractors) and you’re working towards BRE BIM Certification. It’s suitable for those implementing BIM into their organisation, their own work practices, or assisting their clients or supply chains with BIM adoption.
Please note that we also offer BIM Delivering information management (ISO 19650) training course which follows the new international BIM standard.
You must have passed the examination in our BIM Essentials (Level 2) training course to be able to undertake this course.
There is no pre-reading required for this training course.
- Information management roles
- Information requirements
- BIM execution planning (part 1)
- BIM execution planning (part 2)
- Standards, methods and procedures
- Common data environment (part 1)
- Common data environment (part 2)
The course concludes with a short online exam test that includes questions on all topics covered. This is a great way to demonstrate your new knowledge and identify further learning that you may require.
Learners who completed this
After successful completion of this course you’ll be able to apply for the BRE BIM Certification status.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Flexible access – learn from your office or your home
- Own-pace learning – pause, replay as you wish
- CPD certificate on completion
Also available in a bundle
More BIM Courses
BIM ISO 19650 Awareness (online)
This course provides an understanding of why BIM as Information Management is a fundamental requirement in delivering change within the AEC Industry.
Basics of BIM
BIM (Building Information Modelling) Level 2 was mandated for use on all UK government funded projects from April 2016. It's a field that's developing fast. Get to grips with the basics with this one hour introduction to BIM.
BIM for Product Manufacturers
BRE Associate Director of BIM, Paul Oakley, answers many of the frequently asked questions about BIM for Product Manufacturers in this recorded webinar.
Who Needs a BIM Manager?
Recorded webinar developed in partnership with the CIAT. Learn some of the key elements you need to know about this standard.