Building information modelling (BIM) is transforming construction. Our BIM essentials course is your stepping stone to project success and progress towards BIM Certification.
This virtual training event is delivered over two consecutive days with a separate day for the online examination. This two-day course provides an essential overview of information management using BIM following the new international standard (ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2).
We’ll explore the key terminology used when describing BIM and the activities which form the information management function. Our expert tutors will ensure that you leave equipped and ready to realise the benefits of BIM within your own organisation.
After successfully completing this virtual classroom course, you’ll be able to:
- Articulate information management processes using international terminology.
- Explain to others the value proposition of Information Management using BIM.
- Feel confident in outlining the key elements of the ISO 19650-2 process.
- Understand how information is produced based on your project’s information standards, production methods and procedures.
- Identify the key stakeholders to help support tasks associated with the information management function.
- Adopt these processes within your organisation.
- Discuss international information standards relating to open BIM and interoperability.
Is it right for me?
This virtual classroom course is ideal for those in a BIM Manager or information management role working towards certification. The coverage and pace will also suit those who are new to the field, or who are working in construction and keen to move into a BIM Manager role, or simply understand more about how the industry is developing.
Our learners have come from organisations of all sizes including contractors, cost consultancies, universities, local authorities, central government, engineering consultancies, quantity surveying firms.
We recommend you have a general awareness and familiarity with BIM. If you’re looking for a concise overview of BIM or are entirely new to BIM, try our BIM Awareness online training course first.
There is no pre-reading required for this training course.
Learners who completed this
After successful completion of BIM ISO 19650 Essentials you’ll be able to progress to our BIM ISO 19650 Information Management training course and then on to apply for the BRE BIM Certification status.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Comprehensive online materials
- Small virtual class sizes
- CPD certificate on completion