BIM Essentials is the first step towards achieving BIM Level 2 Certification for Individuals. Having successfully completed the examination for BIM Essentials the next step is to pass the examination for BIM Information Management and then you can apply for BIM Certification.
This course will give users:-
- a solid grounding in BIM
- an insight into BIM processes
- a good understanding and knowledge of the key principles of BIM Level 2, which can be applied locally while still being consistent with the industry internationally
- an awareness of the emerging buildingSMART International information standard
- relevant knowledge and capabilities to achieve internationally recognised good practice
- awareness of other international developments such as open BIM initiatives formed to facilitate interoperability
- an understanding of BIM from a whole life cycle perspective
- a knowledge of where to access standards and resources to take learning back into the workplace
There are no pre-requisites for attending this course. However, an understanding of procurement and construction is recommended.
This course is suitable for construction industry professionals, including: designers, consultants, contractors, manufactures, clients, facilities management and other professionals who wish to gain a broad understanding of BIM Level 2.
- What is BIM?*
- Catalyst for Change*
- Information Delivery Cycle
- Standards, Methods and Procedures
- Who needs a BIM Manager?
- Benefits of Information Management
- Implementing BIM
*These modules are covered in Basics of BIM Level 2. If you have completed ‘Introduction to BIM Level 2’ you will receive a discount. You may revisit these two modules as revision.Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course you will be able to Define BIM and understand key BIM terminology as well as explain the UK BIM maturity levels and the industry adopted BIM Dimensions. You will be able to identify the core and extended suit of standards, documents and deliverables describing BIM Level 2, understand why the construction industry needs to change and the drivers behind that change. You will be able to explain the Information Delivery Cycle and identify the role of the Employer in defining their information requirements.Next Steps
Successful completion of this course allows you to book and attend the BIM Level 2 for Information Managers and take a step closer to becoming a BRE BIM Certified Professional. If you already know that you want to become a BIM Certified Professional, you can take the BRE BIM Level 2 Online Training Bundle. You can visit our BIM Level 2 Certification Pathway page to see the process.