This course combines two existing BRE Academy courses, fast tracking participants to a stage where they can consider BIM certification. BIM Essentials equips participants with an understanding of BIM and BIM best practice, raising quality standards and saving money. BRE Academy’s BIM Information Management course takes this up a level, examining in depth ‘Information Management’ roles and responsibilities, standards, methods and procedures to help achieve high standards. By buying the two together in one package, delegates will not only be able to move seamlessly from one course to the other with the content fresh in their minds, but they will also make a significant cost saving.
Who is this course for?
It is ideal for bid teams, design teams, construction teams, architects, engineers, project managers, value engineers, procurement, and those with an interest in environmental assessment and BREEAM buildings.
BIM Essentials equips participants with a general understanding of BIM and BIM best practice. Organisational understanding and adoption of these principles will lead towards greater efficiency of delivery, fewer accidents and ongoing efficiency savings in numerous areas.
This initial course contains seven modules, leading to a practical working understanding of the management of information within the BIM Level 2 process.
BIM Information Management delivers a practical understanding of some of the management, standards, methods and procedures, and a deeper understanding of the BIM environment.
Completing the two courses together gives participants an understanding of:
- processes, standards, methods and procedures;
- of the key principles of BIM Level 2, which can be applied locally while still being consistent internationally;
- the emerging buildingSMART International information standard;
- how to achieve internationally recognised good practice;
- other international developments such as open BIM initiatives (formed to facilitate interoperability);
- the whole life cycle perspective;
- where to access standards and resources to take learning back into the workplace;
- information management roles and responsibilities;
- the information delivery cycle;
- Employers Information Requirements (EIR);
- pre-contract and post-contract award BIM execution plans;
- SMPs: production and modelling
- Common Data Environment (CDE) approval gates, and how to apply the process;
- asset information models;
- ‘soft landings’;
- Defining and understanding COBie
Successful completion of the BIM Information Management test will provide eligibility to apply for BIM Certification for Individuals. Certification also includes BRE Academy Membership and its associated benefits. For other training options to achieve this, visit our BIM training page.
Select the number of delegate places on the next page.
More BIM Courses
BIM ISO 19650 – Essentials – Classroom
This two-day course provides an overview of information management using BIM as outlined in ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2.
BIM Webinar Series
Take this course to cover 3 hour long recorded tutorials: Who Needs a BIM Manager, Information Delivery & Standards, Methods and Procedures.
Who Needs a BIM Manager?
Recorded webinar developed in partnership with the CIAT. Learn some of the key elements you need to know about this standard.
BIM ISO 19650 – Awareness
This course provides an understanding of why BIM as Information Management is a fundamental requirement in delivering change within the AEC Industry.