This course combines two existing BRE Academy courses, fast tracking participants to a stage where they can consider BIM certification. BIM Essentials equips participants with an understanding of BIM and BIM best practice, raising quality standards and saving money. BRE Academy’s BIM Information Management course takes this up a level, examining in depth ‘Information Management’ roles and responsibilities, standards, methods and procedures to help achieve high standards. By buying the two together in one package, delegates will not only be able to move seamlessly from one course to the other with the content fresh in their minds, but they will also make a significant cost saving.
Who is this course for?
It is ideal for bid teams, design teams, construction teams, architects, engineers, project managers, value engineers, procurement, and those with an interest in environmental assessment and BREEAM buildings.
BIM Essentials equips participants with a general understanding of BIM and BIM best practice. Organisational understanding and adoption of these principles will lead towards greater efficiency of delivery, fewer accidents and ongoing efficiency savings in numerous areas.
This initial course contains seven modules, leading to a practical working understanding of the management of information within the BIM Level 2 process.
BIM Information Management delivers a practical understanding of some of the management, standards, methods and procedures, and a deeper understanding of the BIM environment.
Completing the two courses together gives participants an understanding of:
- processes, standards, methods and procedures;
- of the key principles of BIM Level 2, which can be applied locally while still being consistent internationally;
- the emerging buildingSMART International information standard;
- how to achieve internationally recognised good practice;
- other international developments such as open BIM initiatives (formed to facilitate interoperability);
- the whole life cycle perspective;
- where to access standards and resources to take learning back into the workplace;
- information management roles and responsibilities;
- the information delivery cycle;
- Employers Information Requirements (EIR);
- pre-contract and post-contract award BIM execution plans;
- SMPs: production and modelling
- Common Data Environment (CDE) approval gates, and how to apply the process;
- asset information models;
- ‘soft landings’;
- Defining and understanding COBie
Successful completion of the final online exam for BIM Essentials (the first course) qualifies delegates to apply for BRE Academy Membership.
Successful completion of the BIM Information Management test will provide eligibility to apply for BIM Certification for Individuals. Certification also includes BRE Academy Membership and its associated benefits. For other training options to achieve this, visit our BIM training page.
Select the number of delegate places on the next page.
More BIM Courses
BIM Standards, Methods and Procedures
An hour long recorded webinar session on standards, methods and procedures for BIM and how to ensure these are adhered to across a project.
BIM Level 2 Webinar Bundle
This webinar bundle contains seven recorded BIM webinars from the BRE BIM experts.
BIM: The Responsibility Matrix
In order to ensure that information is produced in a lean and efficient manner, a responsibility matrix is required. The Responsibility Matrix is key in defining which task teams will produce what information; and is a required precursor to develop the Task and Master Information Delivery Plans.
BIM Level 2 Online Training Bundle
This course combines two existing BRE Academy courses, fast tracking participants to a stage where they can consider BIM certification. By buying the two together in one package, delegates will not only be able to move seamlessly from one course to the other with the content fresh in their minds, but they will also make a significant cost saving.