Building information modelling (BIM) is transforming construction, and skills are in high demand. Our BIM Level 2 bundle offers the fastest and most cost-effective path towards your BIM Certification.
With one purchase you’ll receive both our BIM Essentials and BIM Delivering information management (Level 2) comprehensive online training courses. Successful completion of BIM Essentials unlocks the second course. Complete both courses and you’ll have acquired all the knowledge and learning needed to then apply for the prestigious BRE Individual certification (BIM Practitioner).
Delivered in structured modules, you’ll be guided by our BIM expert tutor from introducing the key terminology right through to applying your knowledge in BIM information management functions.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain to others the value proposition of Information Management using BIM
- Understand the principles of BIM Level 2, which can be applied locally while still being consistent internationally
- Recognise the emerging buildingSMART International information standard
- Recognise the open data format requirements to comply with COBie
- Understand the production of the Employer’s information requirements (EIR)
- Extract standard method procedures (SMPs) from the EIR
- Define a pre and post-appointment BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Recognise the considerations when producing information for construction scheduling (4D)
- Adopt these processes within your organisation
- Apply for BRE Individual certification (BIM Practitioner)
Is it right for me?
These online courses are suitable for construction and asset management professionals (including designers, constructors, project managers, asset managers, manufacturers, information managers and maintenance contractors). They’re suitable for those implementing BIM into their organisation, their own work practices, or assisting their clients or supply chains with BIM adoption. These two online training courses provide a path towards BRE Individual certification (BIM Practitioner).
Please note that we also offer BIM training courses that follow ISO 19650, the new international BIM standard.
We recommend you have a general awareness and familiarity with BIM. If you’re looking for a concise overview of BIM or are entirely new to BIM, try our BIM Awareness (Level 2) online training course first.
This purchase comprises two online training courses. Successful completion of BIM Essentials will unlock BIM Information management.
There is no pre-reading required for this training course.
BIM Essentials (Level 2)
- What is BIM?
- Catalyst for Change
- Information Delivery Cycle
- Standards, Methods and Procedures
- Who needs a BIM Manager?
- Benefits of Information Management
- Implementing BIM
This course concludes with a short online exam test that includes questions on all topics covered. Successfully passing the exam will unlock BIM Delivering information management (Level 2) course.
BIM Delivering information management (Level 2)
- Information management roles
- Information requirements
- BIM execution planning (part 1)
- BIM execution planning (part 2)
- Standards, methods and procedures
- Common data environment (part 1)
- Common data environment (part 2)
This course concludes with a short online exam test.
Learners who completed this
After successful completion of both training courses in BIM Level 2 bundle you’ll be able to apply for the BRE Individual certification (BIM Practitioner).
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Flexible access – learn from your office or your home
- Own-pace learning – pause, replay as you wish
- CPD certificate on completion
Also available in a bundle
More BIM Courses
BIM Standards, Methods and Procedures
An hour long recorded webinar session on standards, methods and procedures for BIM and how to ensure these are adhered to across a project.
BIM Level 2 Essentials (online)
BIM Essentials equips participants with an understanding of BIM and BIM best practice.
BIM ISO 19650 Bundle: BIM essentials and information management (online)
Building information modelling (BIM) is transforming construction, and skills are in high demand. Our BIM ISO 19650 bundle offers the fastest and most cost-effective path towards your BIM Certification.
BIM ISO 19650 Delivering information management (online)
This six-hour course forms Stage 2 of the BRE BIM Certification education pathway and is for professionals who undertake Information Management functions.