BREEAM Communities is targeted at neighbourhood scale developments. It aims to help the design teams, developers and planners to improve, measure and independently certify the sustainability of a large scale development at the design and planning stage. The scheme influences sustainability at the early stages of project development through community engagement, site strategy and implementation in design. This can lead into BREEAM assessments of buildings and homes.
The BREEAM Communities 3 day assessor training course is broken down into two modules. The first module (day one) is an introduction and overview of BREEAM Communities 2012. It is suitable for planning officers, consultants and developers who want to understand the scheme and how to use it. The training session is based on a combination of presentations and interactive workshops.
- An introduction to BREEAM Communities
- The international, national and local context for sustainable communities
- When to use BREEAM Communities and which projects are suitable
- Meeting key sustainability objectives with BREEAM Communities
- Meeting key planning requirements with BREEAM Communities
- The links between BREEAM Communities 2012 and building level assessments.
Those who wish to learn about BREEAM Communities but do not wish to become BREEAM Communities assessors.
- Local planning authority officers
- Planning consultants
Let us come to you
Like this course, and think it’d be great for your team? We’ll deliver any of our courses at your office, or create a course just for you. Talk to us to ensure your team get the expert training they need.
More BREEAM Courses
BREEAM In-Use International v6 Assessor
BREEAM UK Non-Domestic Refurbishment & Fit-out Existing Assessor
A top up training course for licensed BREEAM UK New Construction assessors to become approved for the UK Non-domestic refurbishment and fit-out scheme.