Book your online course now:£1,735.00 + VAT
Book BREEAM Communities now - simply fill out your details:
BREEAM Communities is the environmental sustainability assessment for neighbourhood scale developments. It enables planners, developers and design teams to deliver and certify sustainability in neighbourhood-scale projects by developing and verifying the sustainability framework at the planning and design stages.
Comprising of two modules delivered over 3 days, this comprehensive course provides an overview of BREEAM Communities and dives into the scheme’s technical content, as well as its assessment and certification process. This provides a practical understanding of the content and application of BREEAM Communities, enabling you to become a licensed BREEAM Assessor
After completing the course learners will be able to
- Understand the international, national and local context for sustainable communities.
- Understand and be confident in assessing the technical aspects of the BREEAM Communities scheme.
- Understand the assessment process and support structures in place for the scheme and assessors.
- Know when to use BREEAM Communities.
- Meet sustainability and planning objectives with BREEAM Communities.
- Understand the link between BREEAM Communities and building level assessment.
- Understand BREEAM Communities’ technical aspects including timescales, phasing, assessment and scoring.
Successful completion of this course entitles you to apply to become a licensed BREEAM Assessor under the BREEAM Communities scheme.
At a glance
There are no pre-requisites to this course. As a comprehensive introduction to BREEAM Communities, it is particularly suited to:
- Planning officers.
- Consultants and developers seeking to understand/use the scheme.
- Those involved in delivering neighbourhood-scale developments and masterplans.
Both modules are required for those pursuing BREEAM Communities Assessor status. To become a licensed assessor, you must hold professional indemnity insurance.
This comprehensive training course includes 2 modules delivered virtually over 2 days, followed by an additional ½ day virtual examination:
Module 1 (Day 1)
- An introduction to BREEAM Communities
- The international, national and local context for sustainable communities
- When to use BREEAM Communities and which projects are suitable
- Meeting key sustainability objectives with BREEAM Communities
- Meeting key planning requirements with BREEAM Communities
- The links between BREEAM Communities and building level assessments.
Module 2 (Day 2)
- Timescales, phasing and assessment
- The technical aspects of BREEAM Communities
- An introduction to the scoring tool
- The assessor’s role
- The assessment process
- Using BREEAM Communities outside of the UK.
- The BREEAM Communities technical paper
- The BREEAM General Understanding paper
Here’s what our learners say
About BRE Academy
The BRE Academy is the leading training provider for the built environment. Most courses are developed by BRE – a science research hub with 100 years of experience in safety and sustainability. As a profit-for-purpose, all fees go towards further research to make the built environment safer and greener and to mitigate climate change.
All BRE Academy training courses offer CPD certificates on successful completion and are accepted by the major professional bodies.
9/10 rating awarded to our trainers
100 years of experience in the built environment
BRE is a profit-for-purpose organisation, investing revenue into research including updates and the creation of further training courses