Book your online course now:
Book BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment | Existing Assessor now - simply fill out your details:
BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment provides a methodology, software tool and certification for those responsible for delivering sustainable domestic refurbishment projects. It is designed to help building owners and occupiers save operating costs, reduce the environmental impacts of refurbishments and to increase the sustainability of existing building stock.
This training course enables existing BREEAM Assessors to broaden their expertise, gaining a practical understanding of BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment, and apply to become a licensed assessor under the scheme.
After completing the course learners will be able to
Understand sustainable refurbishment and the refurbishment market
- Understand and be confident assessing the technical aspects of the BREEAM UK Domestic Refurbishment scheme.
- Understand the assessment process and support structures in place for the scheme and assessors.
- Gain a brief overview of Health & Safety and Building Regulations in a refurbishment context.
- Understand the differences between the assessment of refurbishments compared to new build.
- Understand the certification process.
- Successfully carry out BREEAM assessments on refurbishment projects.
Successfully passing this course enables you apply for your assessor’s license under the BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment scheme.
At a glance
To take this course, learners must already be licensed as one of the following:
- EcoHomes Assessor.
- HQM Assessor.
- BRE Global Code for Sustainable Homes Assessor.
- BREEAM UK New Construction Assessor.
- BREEAM UK Refurbishment and Fit-out Assessor.
The course content includes the following:
- Context of the sustainable refurbishment market.
- Health & Safety and Building Regulations in the refurbishment context.
- Categories and assessment issues for BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment.