What the exam will qualify you to do
Passing this exam will allow you to obtain a BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment licence. This allows you to submit assessments to BRE Global for certification, following the current BREEAM Quality Assurance and certification process.
What will the online course entail?
The online course will consist of presentations and exercises for you to go through.
- Gain an understanding of sustainable refurbishment and the refurbishment market
- Learning the technical aspects of the manual
- The assessment process and support structures in place for the scheme and assessors
- A brief overview of Health & Safety and Building Regulations in a refurbishment context
- The differences between the assessment of refurbishments compared to new build
What will the exam day entail?
You will have a morning revision session with our technical trainer. Within this session you will have the opportunity to ask our trainers any questions or clarification that you need before the exam. Following this session delegates shall undertake the exam.
To qualify for this course candidates must be licensed as either one of the following schemes:
- EcoHomes Assessor
- HQM Assessor
- BRE Global Code for Sustainable Homes Assessor
- BREEAM UK New Construction Assessor
- BREEAM UK Refurbishment and Fit-out Assessor
On successful completion of the course and the examinations you will be issued with notification that verifies your BREEAM Assessor qualification. You will then be required to apply to BRE Global Ltd to become a Licenced BREEAM Assessor under the Scheme in order to practice. You must make this application within 12 months of completing the course.
To practice as a licenced BREEAM Assessor you will be required to pay an annual licence fee and hold adequate levels of professional insurance, particularly professional indemnity insurance. Further information on the route to becoming a licenced BREEAM Assessor can be found at www.breeam.com