Our BREEAM Assessor training is designed to deliver high calibre, informative and engaging content that will develop delegates into knowledgeable and capable BREEAM professionals.
As a BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment delegate, you’ll gain the skills required to broaden your existing Assessor assessment knowledge into an exciting new sector. This online training course covers all aspects and processes of the technical manual. It concludes with an online 90-minute multiple-choice examination to test your learning.
Successfully completing this course and passing the examination will allow you to apply for licensed Assessor status under the BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment scheme
What will the online course entail?
The online course will consist of presentations and exercises for you to go through.
- Gain an understanding of sustainable refurbishment and the refurbishment market
- Learning the technical aspects of the manual
- The assessment process and support structures in place for the scheme and assessors
- The scope of the scheme and differences between the assessment of refurbishments compared to new build
To qualify for this course candidates must be licensed as either one of the following schemes:
- EcoHomes Assessor
- HQM Assessor
- BRE Global Code for Sustainable Homes Assessor
- BREEAM UK New Construction Assessor
- BREEAM UK Refurbishment and Fit-out Assessor
On successful completion of the course and the examinations, you will be issued with notification that verifies your BREEAM Assessor qualification. You will then be required to apply to BRE Global Ltd to become a Licenced BREEAM Assessor under the Scheme in order to practice. You must make this application within 12 months of completing the course.
To practice as a licenced BREEAM Assessor you will be required to pay an annual licence fee and hold adequate levels of professional insurance, particularly professional indemnity insurance. Further information on the route to becoming a licenced BREEAM Assessor can be found at www.breeam.com