BREEAM In-Use (BIU) is a comprehensive and holistic environmental assessment method that can be used for almost any type of building, including commercial and residential assets, across the world.
Since its creation in 2009, BREEAM In-Use has been used by thousands of assets in over 30 countries to benchmark, improve and certify their sustainability performance and to showcase high standards of ESG performance. BREEAM In-Use Version 6 builds on this to continue supporting the improvement of all buildings, wherever they are in their sustainability journey. Version 6 brings major improvements to BIU’s standards for commercial assets, and a brand-new offering tailored for residential assets. In doing so, BIU continues to create, protect and grow asset value by encouraging investment in the asset’s performance.
This training module is for existing BREEAM In-Use assessors to update their knowledge to Version 6.
Delegates will learn:
- The revised scope of the BREEAM In-Use Commercial technical manual and the new Residential technical manual.
- Key changes and updates
- New manual structure and layout.
- Changes to the scoring system.
- New categories and issues.
- Changes to existing criteria.
- Operational changes
- The revised certification process.
- The BIU Online Platform.
- Transitioning existing assessments between 2015/6 and Version 6.
This online training module is aimed at existing assessors qualified and licensed in either:
- BREEAM International In-Use 2015
- BREEAM USA In-Use 2016
This module is also intended for newly qualified (but not licensed) BIU 2015/6 assessors to update their knowledge to Version 6.