You will learn how to keep ahead when direction changes and take your team with you, the dynamics of why some people resist change and how to turn them around. This workshop is about getting you ahead of change; not waiting for change to be foisted upon you. It will help you recognise your own personal struggles with change and how to keep positive even when you feel unsure.
This workshop will enable you to
- Learn how to manage a situation with unclear goals or ambiguous directives
- Know the triggers that will help get buy in to change
- Identify, position and articulate the benefits and rewards of change
- Know how to position adaptable people in key hot spots to ensure change is embedded
- Manage ambiguity and the tensions that ambiguous situations can surface in people
- Fully understand the unavoidable human response to change and the potential emotions it will generate
- Manage negative feelings and emotions in yourself and in those you lead
- Feel more in control when under emotional pressure or personal attack
- Practical strategies and tactics for managing teams through constant change
- Tools for keeping people motivated without the traditional levers of future tangible rewards
- How to work within your spheres of influence
- How to motivate and engage direct reports when the future is not always clear
- Learn the principles of change leadership from the exploits of Shackleton
- The power of optimism in helping you keep a positive frame of mind when leading others through change
By the end of the workshop you will be:
- Clear about how to present, communicate and manage change in a positive and optimistic way
- Confident in making decisions quickly when you don’t have all the data
- Aware of the emotional states that direct reports go through when faced with uncertainty and ambiguity, plus how to support and lead them through change
- Competent in being able to change direction mid-stream and keep your team engaged
- Understand the difference between change and transition and your role in the communications chain
Select the number of delegate places on the next page.
More BREEAM Courses
BREEAM Masterclass for Contractors
This specialised course has been designed to help contractors understand more about BREEAM and how it can be integrated into your projects to improve sustainability and meet client requirements.
Environmental Product Declarations – Demystified
This hour long webinar will present the fundamentals of EPD; how they are constructed and the key items to look out for to ensure you are using a credible EPD.
Building Level Assessment
There is a growing appreciation that construction products have varying impacts on the final building or piece of infrastructure. This session will highlight current approaches to support better decision making at the asset level and touch upon the value of product specific data of products.
BREEAM International New Construction – Online
Successful completion of this 46 hour long fully online course qualifies participants in BREEAM International New Construction and, once licensed as an assessor, enables them to assess projects and provide a sustainability rating.