Book your online course now:£2,350.00 + VAT
Book BREEAM UK New Construction | New Assessor now - simply fill out your details:
BREEAM UK New Construction focuses on mitigating the environmental impacts and improving the performance of new builds in the UK.
This training course enables learners to understand BREEAM UK New Construction in terms of technical content and application, equipping you with the skills to carry out BREEAM assessments on UK new builds.
Successfully completing this course will allow you to apply to become a BREEAM UK New Construction assessor.
After completing the course learners will be able to
- Understand the BREEAM process and the context for BREEAM UK New Construction
- Navigate and be confident in assessing the technical aspects of the BREEAM UK New Construction scheme
- Understand the assessment process and the support in place for the scheme and assessors
- Understand the certification process
- Successfully carry out BREEAM assessments on new construction projects
Successfully passing this course and examinations enables you to apply for your assessor’s license under the BREEAM UK New Construction scheme.
At a glance
While this course has no prerequisites, it is particularly aimed at those interested in:
- Designing or specifying buildings for low environmental impact
- Delivering BREEAM environmental assessments
- Satisfying CPD requirements and gaining a recognised qualification
This course comprises of approximately 30 hours of own -pace online training material introducing you to the BREEAM UK New Construction scheme. This is followed by classroom/ virtual event focusing on technical aspects of the scheme.
Online course material
- Resources: technical manuals, guidance notes, training knowledge base compliance notes and exercise workbook with associated evidence booklet
- Module 2: Introducing BREEAM
- Module 3: Scope and scheme classification
- Module 4: Assessment practicalities
- Module 5: Assessor support networks
- Module 6: Categories
- Module 7: Demonstrating and validating performance
- Module 8: What happens next ?
- Mock Examinations
Day 1: Trainee participate in interactive workshop and group learning activities to help them understand some of the technical issues in more depth and review issues in a wider context. Topics covered are BREEAM certification, adapting BREEAM for different building types, scheme classification assignments and a review of technical Issues Ene01 and Mat01
Day 2: Covers a review of technical Issues Mat03, Hea01, Wst01, Wat01 and Pol02. The day also looks at the scope of BREEAM, examination information and the BREEAM Quality Assurance process. In addition, there is a question and answer (Q&A) session.
The course programme concludes with two online examinations, set at a day and time to be agreed between the learner and PorctorU, who invigilate examinations on behalf of BRE Academy. The two examinations must be passed for learners to be classified as competent:
- BREEAM General Understanding examination
- BREEAM UK New Construction Technical examination
Both exams use an ‘open book’ format, meaning you can use any documents related to the course to aid you.
Here’s what our learners say
About BRE Academy
The BRE Academy is the leading training provider for the built environment. Most courses are developed by BRE – a science research hub with 100 years of experience in safety and sustainability. As a profit-for-purpose, all fees go towards further research to make the built environment safer and greener and to mitigate climate change.
All BRE Academy training courses offer CPD certificates on successful completion and are accepted by the major professional bodies.
9/10 rating awarded to our trainers
100 years of experience in the built environment
BRE is a profit-for-purpose organisation, investing revenue into research including updates and the creation of further training courses
Contact specialist today
We will be happy to support you with your journey.
Please fill in the form below and one of our representatives will contact you to identify the courses to suit your needs.