Book your online course now:£2,350.00 + VAT
Book BREEAM UK Non-domestic Refurbishment and Fit-out | New Assessor now - simply fill out your details:
BREEAM UK Non-domestic Refurbishment and Fit-Out (RFO) focuses on mitigating the environmental impacts and improving the performance of non-domestic RFO projects in the UK.
This training course enables learners to understand BREEAM UK non-domestic RFO in terms of techical content and application, equipping you with the skills to carry out BREEAM assessment son UK non-domestic RFO projects.
Successfully completing this course will allow you to apply to become a BREEAM Non-domestic RFO assessor.
After completing the course learners will be able to
- Understand the BREEAM process and the context for BREEAM non-domestic RFO
- Navigate and be confident in assessing the technical aspects of the BREEAM non-domestic RFO
- Understand the assessment process and the support in place for the scheme and assessors.
- Understand the certification process.
- Successfully carry out BREEAM assessments on non-domestic RFO projects.
Successfully passing this course and examinations enables you to apply for your assessor’s license under the BREEAM UK Non-domestic Refurbishment and Fit-out assessor.
At a glance
While this course has no prerequisites, it is particularly aimed at those interested in:
- Designing or specifying buildings for low environmental impact.
- Delivering BREEAM environmental assessments.
- Satisfying CPD requirements and gaining a recognised qualification.
This course comprises of approximately 30 hours of own-pace online training material introducing you to the BREEAM UK Non-domestic RFO scheme. This is followed by classroom/ virtual event focusing on technical aspects of the scheme.
Online course material
Through interactive online modules, you will be introduced to the scheme, building your knowledge and confidence with it.
Classroom/ virtual training
- Day 1: For the classroom/ virtula course event trainees participate in interactive workshops and group learning activitties to help them understand some of the techcinal issues in more depth and review issues in a wider context. Topics covered are the scope, scheme classifications and weightings, BREEAM certification, professional appointments, historic buildings, adapting BREEAM for different building types, scheme classification assignments and a review of Energy and the Health & Well-being categories
- Day 2: covers energy calculators, a review of the transport, ecology and material categories, flood prevention & resilience and waste strategies. The day also looks at the scope of BREEAM, examination information and the BREEAM Quality Assurance process. In addition, there is a question and answers (Q&A) session.
The course programme concludes with two online examination, set at a day and time to be agreed between the learner and ProctorU, who invigilate examinations on behalf of BRE Academy. The two examinations must be passed for learners to be classified as competent:
- BREEAM General Understanding examination.
- BREEAM UK RFO Non-Domestic Refurbishment and Fit-out Technical examination.
Both exams use an ‘open book’ format, meaning you can use any documents related to the course to aid you.
Here’s what our learners say
About BRE Academy
The BRE Academy is the leading training provider for the built environment. Most courses are developed by BRE – a science research hub with 100 years of experience in safety and sustainability. As a profit-for-purpose, all fees go towards further research to make the built environment safer and greener and to mitigate climate change.
All BRE Academy training courses offer CPD certificates on successful completion and are accepted by the major professional bodies.
9/10 rating awarded to our trainers
100 years of experience in the built environment
BRE is a profit-for-purpose organisation, investing revenue into research including updates and the creation of further training courses
Contact specialist today
We will be happy to support you with your journey.
Please fill in the form below and one of our representatives will contact you to identify the courses to suit your needs.