Fire safety is one of the most important aspects of construction and maintenance. It’s in the headlines like never before, and the need for robust inspection across all property types requires trained, qualified and competent professionals.
The Fire Door Inspection Level 3 Award is a qualification that allows you to demonstrate your occupational competence in carrying out fire door inspections and respond to the growing demand.
This comprehensive new one-day training course will run in small-sized classes and concludes with a short exam. It will equip you with all the information and knowledge you needed to start building your own personal portfolio of evidence to achieve the Level 3 Award.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll have:
- A thorough understanding of the standards applying to fire doors
- Knowledge of the different types of fire doors
- An appreciation of the importance of critical components such as door closers and hinges
- A clear understanding of the inspection procedure and pass/fail criteria
- A comprehensive understanding of the advice to give the building owner/client in case of inspection failure
- Everything you need to start building your portfolio of evidence for assessment
Is it right for me?
Suitable for anyone who will undertake fire door inspections including Building Control Officers, Safety Inspectors, Insurers, Fire Risk Assessors, Fire Professionals and Facilities Managers.
You should have a basic knowledge of the importance of fire doors and be comfortable with inspection processes and procedures.
- The functions of fire doors
- Fire safety duties of owners and occupiers
- Fire tests
- Evidence of performance
- Timber fire doors, steel fire doors, glazed steel fire screens and roller shutter doors
- Glazing, seals, structure and surrounding construction
- Installation, repair, maintenance, inspection, pass/fail guidance
On completion of the course, you’ll take a short exam. You’ll then have up to six months to compile a portfolio of evidence required to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of fire door inspection.
This will include the submission of:
Detailed risk assessments showing how you will work safely in a variety of different building types
- Examples of how you will engage with different client groups
- Written answers to questions related to standards and inspection requirements of fire doors
- Three examples of fire door inspections, with evidence that backs up your conclusions and recommendations.
Your portfolio of evidence will be submitted via our electronic system for review. Following successful review, you’ll be awarded a Level 3 Award by ABBE, The Awarding Body for the Built Environment.
After successful completion of Fire Door Inspection Level 3 Award, you may choose to progress to our Fire Risk Assessor Level 4 Diploma or consider our Passive Fire Protection Level 3 Foundation. We also provide many expert-led online training courses to refresh or add to your fire safety skills.
- Comprehensive course notes and materials
- Access to a laptop?
- Lunch and refreshments throughout each day
- Small class size
- Free on-site parking
- Access to the course tutor for specific queries?
- Any pre/follow on contact?
Let us come to you
Like this course, and think it’d be great for your team? We’ll deliver any of our courses at your office, or create a course just for you. Talk to us to ensure your team get the expert training they need.
More Fire Courses
Managing Industrial Hazards
A video recording of Robert Lucas presenting at the BRE Fire Conference in Watford in 2016.
Installation and Maintenance of Steel Hinged Fire Doors (classroom)
Level 3 Fire Door Inspection
Fire Door Inspection (classroom)
Inspection of fire doors is vital to ensure their robustness and integrity is achieved and maintained. A thorough inspection is required to verify that the door and its hardware have been installed correctly and meets the proper standard of protection.