Fire door inspectors need to have a full and comprehensive understanding of their role, and a good appreciation of the current standards to achieve competence.
BRE and the Door and Hardware Federation (DHF) have developed this comprehensive and practical 6 hour training course that provides important details that must be addressed when conducting fire door inspections.
The training is delivered in modules and covers fire door regulations, fire door testing requirements and evidence of fire door performance.
The course addresses the importance of different types of fire doors and their installation, and an appreciation of the importance of components including door closers, hinges and door hardware. The course features full video of fire door inspections to help reinforce the key learning points.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Thoroughly understand the regulations and standards applying to fire doors
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the different types of fire doors
- Appreciate of the importance of critical components such as door closers and hinges
- Clearly understand the inspection procedure and pass/fail criteria
- Understand the advice to give the building owner/client in case of inspection failure
Is it right for me?
This training course is aimed at anyone who will undertake fire door inspections including building control officers, safety inspectors, insurers, fire risk assessors, fire professionals and facilities managers.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course and no advance reading.
- The functions of fire doors
- Fire safety duties of owners and occupiers
- Fire tests
- Evidence of performance
- Timber fire doors, steel fire doors, glazed steel fire screens and roller shutter doors
- Glazing, seals, structure and surrounding construction
- Installation, repair, maintenance, inspection, pass/fail guidance
Please Note: This course does make reference to repair and maintenance but does not cover installation.
The course concludes with an online multiple-choice examination that includes questions on all topics covered. This is a great way to demonstrate your new knowledge and identify further learning that you may require.
Learners who completed this
After completing the course, and demonstrating your knowledge successfully by passing the end of course online exam, you’ll receive a Certificate of completion valid for two years. Refresher training is available to extend the Certificate further at that point.
Following this course, you may then want to register for our forthcoming Level 3 Award in Fire Door Inspection or choose one of our other recognised qualifications, such as our Level 3 Foundation in Passive Fire Protection, our Level 4 Diploma in Fire Risk Assessment. Alternatively, you can broaden your professional knowledge through our other fire safety training courses.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Over 5 hours of video
- Comprehensive course notes and materials
- 1 attempt at the online exam
- Certificate of completion valid for two years
Prefer to learn with others?
More Fire Courses
An introduction to Cladding and Fire (classroom)
The risk of fire spread in multi-storey buildings is an issue of concern, and recent fires have continued to highlight this. This 1 day course will give information on managing the risk at all stages.
Wireless Fire Detection – A Solution For Prisons?
A video recording of Steve Manchester presenting at the BRE Fire Conference in Watford in 2016.
Life Investigations Of False Alarms In Buildings
A video recording of Raman Chagger presenting at the BRE Fire Conference in Watford in 2016.
Timber Fire Door – Installation, Repair & Maintenance (virtual classroom)
Correctly installing fire doors and doorsets and their on-going repair and maintenance is critical to the safety of building occupants. Fire doors play a vital role in containing fire and the spread of smoke in the event of a fire.