Fire door inspectors need to have a full and comprehensive understanding of their role, and a good appreciation of the current standards to achieve competence.
BRE and the Door and Hardware Federation (DHF) have developed this comprehensive and practical one-day training course that provides important details that must be addressed when conducting fire door inspections.
The training is delivered in modules and covers fire door regulations, fire door testing requirements and evidence of fire door performance.
The course addresses the importance of different types of fire doors and their installation, and an appreciation of the importance of components including door closers, hinges and door hardware.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Thoroughly understand the regulations and standards applying to fire doors
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the different types of fire doors
- Appreciate of the importance of critical components such as door closers and hinges
- Clearly understand the inspection procedure and pass/fail criteria
- Understand the advice to give the building owner/client in case of inspection failure
Is it right for me?
This training course is aimed at anyone who will undertake fire door inspections including building control officers, safety inspectors, insurers, fire risk assessors, fire professionals and facilities managers.
A discount of 20% is available for LPCB approved companies for the second and subsequent places. Please contact us for your discount code.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course and no advance reading.
- The functions of fire doors
- Fire safety duties of owners and occupiers
- Fire tests
- Evidence of performance
- Timber fire doors, steel fire doors, glazed steel fire screens and roller shutter doors
- Glazing, seals, structure and surrounding construction
- Installation, repair, maintenance, inspection, pass/fail guidance
Please Note: This course does make reference to repair and maintenance but does not cover installation.
The course concludes with a multiple-choice examination that includes questions on all topics covered. This is a great way to demonstrate your new knowledge and identify further learning that you may require.
Learners who completed this
After successfully completing this course you may want to register for our forthcoming Level 3 Award in Fire Door Inspection or choose one of our other recognised qualifications, such as our Level 3 Foundation in Passive Fire Protection, our Level 4 Diploma in Fire Risk Assessment. Alternatively, you can broaden your professional knowledge through our other fire safety training courses.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- comprehensive electronic course notes and materials
- Small class sizes
- CPD certificate on completion
This training course is recognised by DHF and can be used as Continuous Professional Development (CPD) evidence when applying for a CSCS card* when using the DHF Partner Scheme. To apply for a CSCS card please visit https://www.dhfonline.org.uk/cscs-card.htm
*Criteria and evidence varies depending on card type applied for. See website for details.