Fire door inspectors need to have a full and comprehensive understanding of their role, and a good appreciation of the current standards to achieve competence.
BRE and the DHF (Door & Hardware Federation) have developed this comprehensive and practical one day training course that provides important details that must be addressed when conducting fire door inspections.
The training is delivered in modular form and covers:
- Fire door regulations
- Fire door testing requirements
- Evidence of fire door performance
The course addresses the importance of different types of fire doors and their installation, and an appreciation of the importance of components including door closers, hinges and door hardware.
The course features practical examples of fire door inspections to help reinforce the key learning points.
The training day concludes with a short examination.
- The functions of fire doors
- Fire safety duties of owners and occupiers
- Fire tests
- Evidence of performance
- Timber fire doors, steel fire doors, glazed steel fire screens and roller shutter doors
- Glazing, seals, structure and surrounding construction
- Installation, repair, maintenance, inspection, pass/fail guidance
Cost: (a discount of 20% is available for LPCB approved companies for the second and subsequent places. Please contact BRE Academy for a discount code)
At the end of this course you will have:
- A thorough understanding of the regulations and standards applying to fire doors
- Knowledge of the different types of fire doors
- An appreciation of the importance of critical components such as door closers and hinges
- A clear understanding of the inspection procedure and pass/fail criteria
- A good understanding of the advice to give the building owner/client in case of inspection failure
This training course is aimed at anyone who will undertake fire door inspections including: Building Control Officers, Safety Inspectors, Insurers, Fire Risk Assessors, Fire Professionals and Facilities Managers.
Adam Heeley, Building Control Manager at Aylesbury Vale District Council says, “Whilst I know quite a bit about fire doors, this training brought all that information together and added the complexity of CE marking. The 40 minute test at the end of the course ensured we correctly understood it all. I’d recommend it to all involved with fire door inspection.”
We also run a timber fire door inspection course, an introduction to cladding and fire, a foundation in passive fire protection and an online fire safety awareness course. Installing fire doors and doorsets is also available from our bookshop.
Would you prefer this training in-house? Please email us to discuss firstname.lastname@example.org
More Fire Courses
Local Area Fire Protection Using Automatic Suppression
A video recording of Nigel Firkins presenting at the BRE Fire Conference in Watford in 2016.
Open Plan Flats And Fire Safety
A video recording of Chris Salter presenting at the BRE Fire Conference in Watford in 2016.
Development Of A Standard For Personal Fire Protection Systems For Life Safety
A video recording of Nigel Firkins presenting at the BRE Fire Conference in Watford in 2015.
Timber Fire Door – Installation, Repair & Maintenance
Correctly installing fire doors and doorsets and their on-going repair and maintenance is critical to the safety of building occupants. Fire doors play a vital role in containing fire and the spread of smoke in the event of a fire.