The purpose of this training course is to enable learners to gain the HQM assessor qualification. This course comprises a set of pre-course online modules (supported by optional revision material) followed by a 2-day classroom course. In the afternoon of the second day, learners will sit two examinations to test their understanding of the technical aspects of the HQM, and its assessment and certification procedures.
The Home Quality Mark (HQM) is the new national quality mark designed to give people the confidence that the new homes they are choosing to buy or rent are well designed, well built, and cost-effective to run. It also allows house builders to demonstrate the high quality of their homes and to differentiate them in the marketplace. It is developed by BRE with an extensive list of partners from the private and social housing sectors and promotes the positive attributes of quality and performance in a new build home.
Impartial information on building quality, running costs (utilities, insurance and maintenance) and the positive benefits of a healthy home in a connected community, gives householders the reassurance they need when making the life-changing choice of moving into a new home.
For further information please visit www.homequalitymark.com
Online modules (must be completed before the course)
The pre-course work for this training course is comprised of a series of online modules covering:
- An introduction to HQM and BREEAM
- An introduction to the HQM scoping, scoring and scheme structure
- Details of the HQM technical criteria
- Details of the HQM assessment process
- Details of the HQM operation
2-day classroom course & examinations
Upon completion of the above pre-course work, learners will attend a 2-day classroom course which will include:
- Review of key HQM assessment procedures
- Review of key HQM technical content
- Workshops to apply HQM content to case studies
- 2 x 90-minute examinations
Having obtained an HQM qualification, if a learner wishes to offer, complete and submit HQM assessments for certification they will require an HQM licence. The annual BRE Global HQM licence currently costs £375 + VAT per assessor. BRE Global will contact delegates with details about applying for a licence once they are qualified.
Those interested in:
- Improving the overall quality of new homes
- Ensuring outcomes promote the health and wellbeing of occupants
- Designing or specifying homes for low environmental impact
- Addressing aspects such as; the performance gap, durability and maintenance
- Ensuring consumers get the best value for money and are able to trust the credentials of the home that they are about to live in
- Offering and delivering certified HQM assessments
- Satisfying professional CPD requirements and gaining a recognised qualification at the same time
Let us come to you
Like this course, and think it’d be great for your team? We’ll deliver any of our courses at your office, or create a course just for you. Talk to us to ensure your team get the expert training they need.
More Classroom Courses Courses
BREEAM UK New Construction 2018 – New Assessor (classroom)
This course is a blend of e Learning and classroom learning, and will enable successful participants to become licensed as assessors on the BREEAM UK New Construction 2018 scheme.
CEEQUAL Projects Assessor (classroom)
CEEQUAL is the sustainability assessment, rating and awards scheme developed by the Institution of Civil Engineers for civil engineering, infrastructure, landscaping and the public realm.
Code for Sustainable Homes (CSH) – Existing Non BRE Global Licensed CSH assessors
This training course is for existing non BRE Global licensed Code for Sustainable Homes (CSH) assessors who wish to become a BRE Global licensed CSH assessor.
Timber Fire Door – Installation, Repair & Maintenance (virtual classroom)
Correctly installing fire doors and doorsets and their on-going repair and maintenance is critical to the safety of building occupants. Fire doors play a vital role in containing fire and the spread of smoke in the event of a fire.