The purpose of this training course is to enable learners to gain the HQM assessor qualification. This course comprises a set of online modules, followed by two examinations to test their understanding of the technical aspects of the HQM, and its assessment and certification procedures.
The Home Quality Mark (HQM) is the new national quality mark designed to give people the confidence that the new homes they are choosing to buy or rent are well designed, well built, and cost effective to run. It also allows house builders to demonstrate the high quality of their homes and to differentiate them in the marketplace. It is developed by BRE with an extensive list of partners from the private and social housing sectors and promotes the positive attributes of quality and performance in a new build home.
Impartial information on building quality, running costs (utilities, insurance and maintenance) and the positive benefits of a healthy home in a connected community, gives householders the reassurance they need when making the life changing choice of moving into a new home.
For further information please visit www.homequalitymark.com
Course Content (must be completed before the exam)
- Operational online modules
- Technical online modules
- Classroom presentations
- Classroom workshops (including answers)
- Mock HQM Technical Paper
- Mock HQM General Understanding Paper
- 2 x 90 minute examinations
Having obtained an HQM qualification, if a learner wishes to offer, complete and submit HQM assessments for certification they will require an HQM licence. The annual BRE Global HQM licence currently costs £375 + VAT per assessor. BRE Global will contact delegates with details about applying for a licence once they are qualified.
Those interested in:
- Improving the overall quality of new homes
- Ensuring outcomes promote the health and wellbeing of occupants
- Designing or specifying homes for low environmental impact
- Addressing aspects such as; the performance gap, durability and maintenance
- Ensuring consumers get the best value for money and are able to trust the credentials of the home that they are about to live in
- Offering and delivering certified HQM assessments
- Satisfying professional CPD requirements and gaining a recognised qualification at the same time