Poor fire door installation can mean that well-manufactured doors fail to provide the required performance in the event of a fire. The installation of a door set is as much a part of the fire resistance test as the door set itself. Alterations to the method of installation must be covered by a test report, an assessment report or an extended field of application report.
BRE and the Door and Hardware Federation (DHF) have developed this comprehensive and practical one-day training course that provides important details that must be addressed when installing and maintaining steel hinged fire doors.
Repair and maintenance of a life-safety device such as a fire door is imperative. On this expert-led training course, you’ll learn how going maintenance is a vital preventive measure to ensure that the door set operates correctly at all times.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of different types of available fire doors
- Clearly identify the regulations and standards applying to fire doors
- Understand the design and construction of steel fire doors
- Recognise the performance characteristics of steel fire doors
- Understand the importance and critical responsibility for correct installation
- Understand the practical maintenance of steel fire doors
- Appreciate the importance of key components such as door closers, locks and hinges
Is it right for me?
This training course is aimed at experienced individuals who are involved with installing and maintaining steel fire doors. You’re expected to already have an understanding of and be skilled in the installation of fenestration products and now wish to gain additional knowledge relating specifically to fire/smoke resistant hinged steel doors. The course will also benefit those involved in ordering hinged steel fire doors or involved in receiving and processing orders for hinged steel fire doors
A discount of 20% is available for LPCB approved companies for the second and subsequent places. Please contact us for your discount code.
You are expected to have prior experience of installing and maintaining steel fire doors.
There is no advance reading.
- The fundamentals of fire doors
- Regulations, testing and evidence of performance
- The design and construction of steel fire doors
- Performance characteristics of steel fire doors
- Installation of steel fire doors
- Maintenance and repair of steel fire doors
Learners who completed this
After successfully completing this course many learners progress to one of our recognised qualifications, such as our Level 3 Foundation in Passive Fire Protection, our Level 4 Diploma in Fire Risk Assessment, or register for our forthcoming Level 3 Award in Fire Door Inspection. Alternatively, you can broaden your knowledge through our other fire safety training courses.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Comprehensive electronic course notes and materials
- Small class sizes
- Free on-site parking and easy motorway access
- CPD certificate on completion
This training course is recognised by DHF and can be used as Continuous Professional Development (CPD) evidence when applying for a CSCS card* when using the DHF Partner Scheme. To apply for a CSCS card please visit https://www.dhfonline.org.uk/cscs-card.htm
*Criteria and evidence varies depending on card type applied for. See website for details.