Building information modelling (BIM) is transforming construction. Our BIM essentials course is your stepping stone to project success and progress towards BIM Certification.
This two-day course provides an essential overview of information management using BIM following the new international standard (ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2).
In a friendly small-sized class, we’ll explore the key terminology used when describing BIM and the activities which form the information management function. Our expert tutors will ensure that you leave equipped and ready to realise the benefits of BIM within your own organisation.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Articulate information management processes using international terminology.
- Explain to others the value proposition of Information Management using BIM.
- Feel confident in outlining the key elements of the ISO 19650-2 process.
- Understand how information is produced based on your project’s information standards, production methods and procedures.
- Identify the key stakeholders to help support tasks associated with the information management function.
- Adopt these processes within your organisation.
- Discuss international information standards relating to openBIM and interoperability.
Is it right for me?
This course is ideal for those in a BIM Manager or information management role working towards certification. The coverage and pace will also suit those who are new to the field, or who are working in construction and keen to move into a BIM Manager role, or simply understand more about how the industry is developing.
Our learners have come from organisations of all sizes including contractors, cost consultancies, universities, local authorities, central government, engineering consultancies, quantity surveying firms.
We recommend you have a general awareness and familiarity with BIM. If you’re looking for a concise overview of BIM or are entirely new to BIM, try our BIM Awareness online training course first.
There is no pre-reading required for this training course.
- BIM Basics Unit 1: Catalyst for Change
- BIM Basics Unit 2 What is BIM?
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 1: Introduction to ISO 19650
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 2: Procurement
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 3: Planning
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 4: Production
- Essentials of BIM Best Practice Unit 1 Unit 1: Information Management Functions
- Essentials of BIM Best Practice Unit 2: Information Standard, Methods and Procedures
The course concludes with a short online exam test that includes questions on all topics covered. This is a great way to demonstrate your new knowledge and identify further learning that you may require.
Learners who completed this
After successful completion of BIM ISO 19650 Essentials you’ll be able to progress to our BIM ISO 19650 Information Management training course and then on to apply for the BRE BIM Certification status.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Comprehensive course notes and materials
- Small class sizes
- Free on-site parking and easy motorway access
- CPD certificate on completion
Let us come to you
Like this course, and think it’d be great for your team? We’ll deliver any of our courses at your office, or create a course just for you. Talk to us to ensure your team get the expert training they need.
Prefer to learn online?
More BIM Courses
BIM Level 2 Essentials (online)
BIM Essentials equips participants with an understanding of BIM and BIM best practice.
Writing Task Information Delivery Plans (TIDPs)
This one-hour webinar teaches construction project managers how to write effective TIDPs which tell the client everything they need to know.
BIM ISO 19650 Delivering information management (classroom)
This six-hour course forms Stage 2 of the BRE BIM Certification education pathway and is for professionals who undertake Information Management functions.
BIM Level 2 Business systems certification
With a number of competing organization now offering Certification in Building Information Modelling (BIM), the most frequent question BRE receives is a request for clarity around the BRE Global Business Systems Certification (BSC) scheme.