This two-day course provides an overview of information management using BIM as outlined in ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2. By doing so, this course ensures that the key considerations of effective information management have been sufficiently understood. This course is also available online.
This course will provide an understanding of what Information Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM) is, the key terminology used when describing BIM and the key activities which form the information management function.
- Articulate information management processes using internationally native terminology
- Explain to others the value proposition of Information Management using BIM
- Feel confident in outlining the key elements of the ISO 19650-2 process
- Consider the impact of how information is produced based on the project’s information standards and the project’s information production methods and procedures have been defined.
- Identify the key stakeholders to help support tasks associated with the information management function that may be required to be undertaken.
- Provides delegates confidence in adopting these processes within an organisation.
- Discuss International information standards relating to openBIM and interoperability.
- BIM Basics Unit 1: Catalyst for Change
- BIM Basics Unit 2 What is BIM?
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 1: Introduction to ISO 19650
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 2: Procurement
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 3: Planning
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 4: Production
- Essentials of BIM Best Practice Unit 1 Unit 1: Information Management Functions
- Essentials of BIM Best Practice Unit 2: Information Standard, Methods and Procedures
More BIM Courses
BIM Level 2 Business Systems Certification
With a number of competing organization now offering Certification in Building Information Modelling (BIM), the most frequent question BRE receives is a request for clarity around the BRE Global Business Systems Certification (BSC) scheme.
BIM ISO 19650 – Essentials Online
This online course provides an overview of information management using BIM as outlined in ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2.
BIM Level 2 for Information Managers – Online
This course is the second stage of our BIM training programme towards individual certification.
BIM ISO 19650 – Essentials – Classroom
This two-day course provides an overview of information management using BIM as outlined in ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2.