This two-day course provides an overview of information management using BIM as outlined in ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2. By doing so, this course ensures that the key considerations of effective information management have been sufficiently understood.
This course will provide an understanding of what Information Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM) is, the key terminology used when describing BIM and the key activities which form the information management function.
- Articulate information management processes using internationally native terminology
- Explain to others the value proposition of Information Management using BIM
- Feel confident in outlining the key elements of the ISO 19650-2 process
- Consider the impact of how information is produced based on the project’s information standards and the project’s information production methods and procedures have been defined.
- Identify the key stakeholders to help support tasks associated with the information management function that may be required to be undertaken.
- Provides delegates confidence in adopting these processes within an organisation.
- Discuss International information standards relating to openBIM and interoperability.
- Unit 1: Assessment and Need
- Unit 2: Planning
- Unit 3: Procurement
- Unit 4: Production
- Unit 5: Information Standard
- Unit 6: Business Systems
- Unit 7: National Annex CPD (Optional)
More BIM Courses
There is No BIM Like Home
In this one-hour CPD webinar, Dan Rossiter, shows how he used BIM Level 2 to organise and manage his own house’s information, what he learned in the process and how he overcame the difficulties encountered in applying BIM to an existing asset.
BIM Level 1: Walk Before You Can Run
This webinar will cover the steps required to adopt BIM Level 1 as explained in BS1192, including how to share and publish information in a collaborative environment, how to structure file names to quickly locate project information amongst thousands of files, in preparation for BIM Level 2.
Writing Task Information Delivery Plans (TIDPs)
This one-hour webinar teaches construction project managers how to write effective TIDPs which tell the client everything they need to know.
BIM Level 2 for Information Managers – Online
This course is the second stage of our BIM training programme towards individual certification. The 12 hour course leads to a practical understanding of the management of information within the BIM Level 2 process. Having completed this course, you will have a practical understanding of some of the management, standards, methods and procedures in the BIM environment.