This two-day course provides an overview of information management using BIM as outlined in ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2. By doing so, this course ensures that the key considerations of effective information management have been sufficiently understood.
This course will provide an understanding of what Information Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM) is, the key terminology used when describing BIM and the key activities which form the information management function.
- Articulate information management processes using internationally native terminology
- Explain to others the value proposition of Information Management using BIM
- Feel confident in outlining the key elements of the ISO 19650-2 process
- Consider the impact of how information is produced based on the project’s information standards and the project’s information production methods and procedures have been defined.
- Identify the key stakeholders to help support tasks associated with the information management function that may be required to be undertaken.
- Provides delegates confidence in adopting these processes within an organisation.
- Discuss International information standards relating to openBIM and interoperability.
- BIM Basics Unit 1: Catalyst for Change
- BIM Basics Unit 2 What is BIM?
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 1: Introduction to ISO 19650
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 2: Procurement
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 3: Planning
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 4: Production
- Essentials of BIM Best Practice Unit 1 Unit 1: Information Management Functions
- Essentials of BIM Best Practice Unit 2: Information Standard, Methods and Procedures
More BIM Courses
BIM Standards, Methods and Procedures
An hour long recorded webinar session on standards, methods and procedures for BIM and how to ensure these are adhered to across a project.
BIM Level 2 for Information Managers – Classroom
Learners must have completed the BIM Level 2 Essentials/Fundamentals course (online or classroom) before registering for this course.
BIM for Product Manufacturers
BRE Associate Director of BIM, Paul Oakley, answers many of the frequently asked questions about BIM for Product Manufacturers in this recorded webinar.