Book your online course now:£2,085.00 + VAT
Book Level 4 Diploma in Fire Risk Assessment now - simply fill out your details:
This comprehensive five-day training course will equip you with the knowledge to complete fire risk assessments of all but the most complex buildings, as described in the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
After completing this training course, you will then compile a portfolio of your work which will be submitted for assessment and feedback over a period of a year. On successful completion, you will be awarded the Level 4 Diploma in Fire Risk Assessment provided by ABBE, a nationally and internationally recognised awarding body regulated by the qualification regulators Ofqual.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to
- Understand the fire risk assessment process
- Understand the duties of the relevant legislation
- Undertake fire risk assessments and compile comprehensive, relevant fire risk assessment reports
- Calculate occupancy levels and understand the requirements of means of escape and compartmentation
- Understand fire alarm system design, emergency lighting provision and firefighting equipment
At a glance
The course is aimed at those who will have responsibility for conducting fire risk assessments including Fire Safety Managers, Facilities Managers, Risk Managers, Surveyors and Health and Safety practitioners. Also suitable for those involved in the compilation of fire emergency plans.
Learners who completed this
After successfully completing this training course, you’ll have acquired the knowledge you need to start building your portfolio of practical evidence for submission towards the Level 4 Diploma in Fire Risk Assessment. Your evidence will comprise three fire risk assessments on certain building types, to be completed within twelve months.
This is a comprehensive five-day course leading to a nationally and internationally recognised award.
Delivered by industry experts, you’ll undertake practical exercises both in groups and individually during the course.
The programme includes:
- Fire safety legislation and applicable codes of practice and regulation
- Fire dynamics, smoke movement and occupant behaviour
- Principles of fire safety
- Fire safety management and prevention
- Structural response to fire
- Containment and passive fire protection
- Communication: fire alarms
- Extinguishment, fire service access and suppression systems
- Escape and evacuation
- Professional and ethical conduct and recognising limitations
- Effective communication with the client
- Investigative and inspection techniques
- Provision of fire risk assessment guidance and advice
- Fire risk assessment methodology
- Collection of appropriate data to identify and evaluate fire risks
- Making well-reasoned recommendations for action across a range of situations
Please Note: This course is for raising awareness only and does not lead to any third-party certification scheme.
Here’s what our learners say
About BRE Academy
The BRE Academy is the leading training provider for the built environment. Most courses are developed by BRE – a science research hub with 100 years of experience in safety and sustainability. As a profit-for-purpose, all fees go towards further research to make the built environment safer and greener and to mitigate climate change.
All BRE Academy training courses offer CPD certificates on successful completion and are accepted by the major professional bodies.
9/10 rating awarded to our trainers
100 years of experience in the built environment
BRE is a profit-for-purpose organisation, investing revenue into research including updates and the creation of further training courses
Contact our specialist now