This comprehensive five-day training course will equip you with the tools and knowledge to complete fire risk assessments of all but the most complex buildings, as described in the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
After successfully completing this training course, you’ll have the opportunity to progress to a Level 4 qualification in Fire Risk assessment provided by ABBE, a nationally and internationally recognised awarding body regulated by the qualification regulators Ofqual. An additional fee will be payable for registering for the Level 4 qualification.
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the fire risk assessment process,
- Understand the duties of the relevant legislation
- Undertake fire risk assessments and compile comprehensive, relevant fire risk assessment reports
- Calculate occupancy levels and understand the requirements of means of escape and compartmentation,
- Understand fire alarm system design, emergency lighting provision and firefighting equipment
Is it right for me?
The course is aimed at those who will have responsibility for conducting fire risk assessments including Fire Safety Managers, Facilities Managers, Risk Managers, Surveyors and Health and Safety practitioners. Also suitable for those involved in the compilation of fire emergency plans.
This qualification is available to anyone who’s capable of reaching the required standards. We’re keen to promote equal opportunities and have removed unnecessary barriers to entry.
There are no pre-entry requirements for this qualification.
Delivered by industry experts, you’ll undertake practical exercises both in groups and individually. Significant additional self-study is recommended, and for those undertaking the Level 4 qualification, three fire risk assessments on certain building types will need to be completed within three months of the course.The programme includes:
- Fire safety legislation and applicable codes of practice and regulation
- Fire dynamics, smoke movement and occupant behaviour
- Principles of fire safety
- Fire safety management and prevention
- Structural response to fire
- Containment and passive fire protection
- Communication: fire alarms
- Extinguishment, fire service access and suppression systems
- Escape and evacuation
- Professional and ethical conduct and recognising limitations
- Effective communication with the client
- Investigative and inspection techniques
- Provision of fire risk assessment guidance and advice
- Fire risk assessment methodology
- Collection of appropriate data to identify and evaluate fire risks
- Making well-reasoned recommendations for action across a range of situations
Learners who completed this
After successfully completing this training course, you’ll have acquired the knowledge you need to start building your portfolio of practical evidence for submission towards the Fire risk assessor Level 4 Award. Your evidence will comprise three fire risk assessments on certain building types, to be completed within three months of completing this course.
Alternatively, you might choose to supplement your knowledge with one of our dedicated one-day fire safety training courses.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Comprehensive course notes and materials
- Lunch included and refreshments always available
- Small class sizes
- Free on-site parking and easy motorway access
- CPD certificate on completion
Let us come to you
Like this course, and think it’d be great for your team? We’ll deliver any of our courses at your office, or create a course just for you. Talk to us to ensure your team get the expert training they need.
More Fire Courses
Fire Video Bundle
A collection of 20 videos taken from the Fire Conference's at BRE Watford in 2015 and 2016. By purchasing this bundle you are getting 20 videos for the price of 15.
External Fire Spread and Building Separation Distances
A video recording of Richard Chitty presenting at the BRE Fire Conference in Watford in 2015.
A Cost Benefit Analysis For Sprinklers In Tall Buildings (Above 30m) For Life Safety
A video recording of Dr Jeremy Fraser-Mitchell presenting at the BRE Fire Conference in Watford in 2015.
Wireless Fire Detection – A Solution For Prisons?
A video recording of Steve Manchester presenting at the BRE Fire Conference in Watford in 2016.