The course aims to develop your knowledge and understanding of the key principles involved with the planning of a construction project and the subsequent management of the construction program.
- Overview and guidance notes
- Interactive presentation on the critical path method using precedence diagrams
- Supporting reading on planning and managing construction programs
- Precedence network exercise
- MS Project exercise
- Multiple choice end test
- Developed by the University College of Estates Management (UCEM)
If you succeed in passing the multiple choice end test you will receive a CPD certificate for 10 hours. The end test will comprise 10 questions and you will need to submit a correct answer for at least eight of these in order to receive the certificate.
At the end of session you will be able to:
- Produce a sequence network diagram and use precedence programming to calculate the project time and critical path
- Appreciate the process of resource levelling
- Demonstrate how the various types of float are calculated
- Manipulate programs to take account of project activity duration changes
This online course has been designed to provide 10 hours of CPD for those with some knowledge of construction work and the construction activities typically undertaken on a project. It is recommended for those looking to extend or refresh their knowledge of the management of construction programs from a contractor’s perspective.
More Coventry University Online Courses
Fire Modelling for Fire Investigation and the Design of Buildings
This short introductory course will help you understand fire modelling and how it can predict how fires could progress in real-world situations. It does this by using data from real fires in simulated environments, from previous experiments or through using computer models.
Radon: Protective Measures for New Buildings
The Domestic Retrofit Training Course consists of six 20-30-minute modules to raise awareness of key technical refurbishment topics.