This course will develop your knowledge and understanding of the key principles involved in the management of project costs on a construction project. This training package has been developed by The University College of Estate Management.
The structure of the course is as follows:
- Overview and guidance notes
- Interactive presentation on managing project costs
- Supplementary reading
- Case study and exercise
Multiple choice end test You are required to achieve a 80% pass mark in order to receive a CPD certificate. You have unlimited attempts at the end test.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Discuss the main financial ratios used to ascertain the health of a construction business.
- Explain how contractors set short- and long-term budgets.
- Explain the importance of accurate cash flow forecasting, discuss the common forms of cash flow representation and comment upon the ways in which contractors might improve their cash flow position.
- Explain Cost—Value Reconciliation (or Earned Value Analysis as it is sometimes known).
This CPD course has been designed for those with some knowledge of the costing of construction work and the payment processes typically followed. It is ideal if you are looking to extend or refresh your knowledge of the management of project costs from a contractor’s perspective.
More Business Courses
Leading People Through Change
Managing Project Costs
Talent Spotting for Business Success
This webinar from BRE covers talent identification in your business and leadership development for high potential employees in the workplace.
Value of Collaboration on Construction Projects
Collaborative working requires improving trust while eliminating adversarial relationships, as well as ensuring the early involvement of supply chain partners. This webinar will explore the full value of collaboration in construction projects, including savings, risk management and avoidance of re-working.