This on-line radon awareness course has been developed using BRE’s unique and extensive research based experience and over 25 years of practical knowledge gained from projects in the UK and around the World. Reference is made to BRE’s guidance publications and Good Building Guides, with other materials and illustrations supplied by the HPA and other expert bodies.Important messages are provided in an easy to understand format, with reference to the theory of how remedial measures work to ensure an overall understanding of the subject is achieved. Remedial measures are explained in a step-by-step format using diagrams and photographs.
What is covered?
- Health risks from exposure to radon
- Measurement – explanation of the radon action level and target level
- Radon sump systems
- Natural and mechanical floor void ventilation
- Positive pressure ventilation
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how radon enters a building
- Explain the health risks from radon exposure
- Be able to select the most appropriate remedial measure to reduce radon considering the building type, occupancy and radon level.
More Health, Safety & Wellbeing Courses
YellowJacket Super User
YellowJacket is a low cost cloud-based tool that makes it easy to manage performance.
This short 1 hour course provides a background in airtightness. It covers why airtightness is important from UK Building Regulations and also from energy efficiency and occupant comfort perspectives.
The Duty to Manage Asbestos
Electrical Safety Awareness
This course provides a general awareness of electrical safety in the workplace and home but it is not designed to give you specific training or competence to carry out electrical work. All work on electrical systems, installations and equipment must be carried out by competent persons.