This on-line radon awareness course has been developed using BRE’s unique and extensive research based experience and over 25 years of practical knowledge gained from projects in the UK and around the World. Reference is made to BRE’s guidance publications and Good Building Guides, with other materials and illustrations supplied by the HPA and other expert bodies.Important messages are provided in an easy to understand format, with reference to the theory of how remedial measures work to ensure an overall understanding of the subject is achieved. Remedial measures are explained in a step-by-step format using diagrams and photographs.
What is covered?
- Health risks from exposure to radon
- Measurement – explanation of the radon action level and target level
- Radon sump systems
- Natural and mechanical floor void ventilation
- Positive pressure ventilation
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how radon enters a building
- Explain the health risks from radon exposure
- Be able to select the most appropriate remedial measure to reduce radon considering the building type, occupancy and radon level.
Select the number of delegate places on the next page.
More Health, Safety & Wellbeing Courses
YellowJacket General User
BRE YellowJacket Health and Safety Software - Manages quality, environmental, health and safety performance.
Radon: Reduction Measures for Existing Buildings
Developed using BRE’s unrivaled practical experience of remediation measures, with input from Public Health England on health issues. The course provides pragmatic advice on how to reduce radon levels in a range of buildings and how to provide the best advice to the building users.
Successful completion of this three day course and workshop will leave attendees able to verify risk assessments and zoning for atmospheres where flammable dust, gas & vapour are present.