BRE is running a series of events for the industry to provide training on how to use our cloud-based sustainability reporting tool – SmartWaste, as well as get an understanding of Resource Management Plans (RMPs) and best practice in construction waste management.
This training will be fully interactive and you will leave with a full understanding of how to use the SmartWaste reporting tool and produce an RMP.
SmartWaste is an easy to use cloud-based sustainability reporting tool to help you measure all your construction site impacts including waste, energy use, water use, timber and material procurement, transport emissions and more. It reports at both a project and a company level, and is aligned with the requirements of BREEAM to help maximise your site management, materials and waste credits. It is also ideal for any organisation certified to the ISO14001 environmental management system standard to demonstrate comprehensive management of your company’s environmental impacts.
N.B. This course is primarily aimed at SmartWaste users. Use of SmartWaste is only available via our SmartWaste membership scheme. For more information about the SmartWaste tool and how to become a member please call the team on 01923 664471 or click the following link. Smartsite Waste Management Software.
- 9.00 Arrival / refreshments
- 9:15 Introduction to BRE SmartWaste reporting tool
- 9:45 Workshop 1: Managing waste contractor, subcontractor, and user records
- 10:15 Workshop 2: Adding projects and assigning WMCs/users
- 10:30 Workshop 3: Adding waste data
- 11:30 Workshop 4: Adding energy and water meter readings
- 11:50 Workshop 5: Managing material supplier records / adding materials data
- 12:15 Workshop 6: Adding Considerate Constructors Scheme data
- 13:15 Workshop 7: Adding transport data
- 13:40 Workshop 8: Adding biodiversity & ecology data
- 14:00 Workshop 9: (NEW) Project management, including adding SmartWaste labels
- 14:30 Workshop 10: (NEW) Recording incidents, complaints & visits
- 14:50 Project & company reporting
- 15:30 Close
More Sustainability Courses
BRE is running a series of events for the industry to provide training on how to use our cloud-based sustainability reporting tool - SmartWaste, as well as get an understanding of Resource Management Plans (RMPs) and best practice in construction waste management.
Sustainable Design and Resilience Webinar Bundle
12 hours of CPD from 12 individual webinars on contemporary construction design topics. From air quality, to flooding and even modern slavery.
BREEAM Masterclass for Contractors
This specialised course has been designed to help contractors understand more about BREEAM and how it can be integrated into your projects to improve sustainability and meet client requirements.
BREEAM Masterclass for Designers
This specialised course has been designed to help designers understand more about BREEAM and how it can be integrated into your projects to improve sustainability and meet client requirements.