Book your online course now:£660.00 + VAT
Book Site Sustainability Manager now - simply fill out your details:
BREEAM AP – Site (also known as a Site Sustainable Manager or SSM) has a focus on sustainability on the construction site.
Their main responsibility is to support the project’s achievement of sustainability aspirations at the construction, handover and close out stages, and the targeted BREEAM rating. They are the champions of sustainability on site and ensure environmental site impacts are minimised.
For BREEAM assessed projects, the involvement of a qualified BREEAM AP – Site / SSM earns BREEAM credits in the Management category, and further credits can be achieved by monitoring and limiting site impacts.
After completing the course learners will be able to
- Understand the basics of sustainability on site.
- Understand the performance gap and spot potential issues that might widen this gap.
- Understand the principles of infrared thermography, and how to achieve an airtight building.
- Understand the process of BREEAM certification and know your role within the post-construction stage assessment.
- Be able to identify the correct type of evidence to allow the BREEAM assessor to carry out their assessment.
- Understand how Building Information Management (BIM) can support your work on-site and enable better sustainability outcomes.
- Know how to successfully champion sustainability on-site, including how to involve site workers and the supply chain.
Learners who successfully complete this course will be eligible for listing on GreenBookLive.com as an active BREEAM AP – Site / SSM.
This course is aimed at site-based managers and other individuals who have the authority to influence activities on the building site.
After passing the examination, you will need to demonstrate ongoing competence in sustainability matters through a minimum of 15 hours CPD each year. To badge yourself as an ‘active’ BREEAM AP – Site/ SSM you will also need to be listed on GreenBookLive.com.
The BRE Academy offers a package of Sustainability Membership and GreenBookLive listings, which will cover both requirements.
This course consists of 10 hours of an online self-study, followed by a one-day virtual lassroom workshop with a separate online examination date.
- Basics of sustainability on construction sites:
- Bridging the performance gap at the construction stage.
- Basic issues that can affect environmental performance.
- Infrared thermography.
- Overview of environmental performance assessment tools.
- The BREEAM AP – Site/SSM role
- Helping to deliver the target BREEAM rating.
- Reducing site impacts (waste, energy, water, local impacts).
- Useful tools and actions to ensure success.
The course concludes with online examinations, set at a day and time to be agreed between the learner and ProctorU, our online examination partner. The exam will be “open book” meaning you can use any document related to the course to aid you.