This 5 day course will equip you with the tools and knowledge to complete fire risk assessments of all but the most complex buildings.
Fire safety is one of the most important aspects of construction and maintenance.
The importance of good roller shutter fire door installation cannot be overemphasised.
Correctly installing fire doors and doorsets and their on-going repair and maintenance is critical to the safety of building occupants.
Poor fire door installation can mean that well-manufactured doors fail to provide the required performance in the event of a fire.
Inspection of fire doors is vital to ensure their robustness and integrity is achieved and maintained.
The risk of fire spread in multi-storey buildings is an issue of concern, and recent fires have continued to highlight this.
Level 3 Award in Fire Door Inspection
Fire safety is one of the most important aspects of construction and maintenance. It’s in the headlines like never before, and the need for robust inspection across all property types requires trained, qualified and competent professionals. The Level 3 Award in Fire Door Inspection is a formal qualification awarded by ABBE (the Awarding Body for the Built Environment). The one-day classroom course provides instruction on the regulations and practical aspects of fire door inspection. On completion of this, you are then required to complete a workbook and compile a portfolio of evidence that demonstrates your knowledge and understanding of this subject. This is likely to take a number of days. This comprehensive one-day training course will run in small-sized classes and includes a short exam. It will equip you with all the information and knowledge needed to start building your own personal portfolio of evidence to achieve the Level 3 Award.
Learning outcomesAfter successfully completing this course, you’ll have:
- A thorough understanding of the standards applying to fire doors
- Knowledge of the different types of fire doors
- An appreciation of the importance of critical components such as door closers and hinges
- A clear understanding of the inspection procedure and pass/fail criteria
- A comprehensive understanding of the advice to give the building owner/client in case of inspection failure
- Everything you need to start building your portfolio of evidence for assessment
Is it right for me?Suitable for over 18s only. Suitable for those who will undertake fire door inspections including Building Control Officers, Safety Inspectors, Insurers, Fire Risk Assessors, Fire Professionals and Facilities Managers.
RequirementsYou should have a basic knowledge of the importance of fire doors and be comfortable with inspection processes and procedures.
- The functions of fire doors
- Fire safety duties of owners and occupiers
- Fire tests
- Evidence of performance
- Timber fire doors, steel fire doors, glazed steel fire screens and roller shutter doors
- Glazing, seals, structure and surrounding construction
- Installation, repair, maintenance, inspection, pass/fail guidance
- Examples of how you will engage with different client groups
- Written answers to questions related to standards and inspection requirements of fire doors
- Three examples of fire door inspections, with evidence that backs up your conclusions and recommendations.
After completionAfter successful completion of the Level 3 Award in Fire Door Inspection, you may choose to progress to our Level 4 Diploma in Fire Risk Assessment. We also provide many expert-led online training courses to refresh or add to your fire safety skills.
- Comprehensive electronic course notes and materials
- Lunch and refreshments throughout each day (in-person classroom only)
- Small class size
- Initial attempt at the exam
- Registration and Assessor fee with ABBE
- Access to our electronic system to submit your portfolio
- CPD certificate of attendence
- 8 hours CPD
Roller Shutter Fire Doors – Installation, Repair and Maintenance
The importance of good roller shutter fire door installation cannot be overemphasised. Poor installation can mean that an otherwise well-manufactured roller shutter fire door fails to provide the required performance in the event of a fire.
Timber Fire Door – Installation, Repair & Maintenance
Correctly installing fire doors and doorsets and their on-going repair and maintenance is critical to the safety of building occupants. Fire doors play a vital role in containing fire and the spread of smoke in the event of a fire.
Installation and Maintenance of Steel Hinged Fire Doors
Poor fire door installation can mean that well-manufactured doors fail to provide the required performance in the event of a fire. The installation of a door set is as much a part of the fire resistance test as the door set itself. Alterations to the method of installation must be covered by a test report, an assessment report or an extended field of application report. BRE and the Door and Hardware Federation (DHF) have developed this comprehensive and practical one-day virtual classroom training course that provides important details that must be addressed when installing and maintaining steel hinged fire doors. Repair and maintenance of a life-safety device such as a fire door is imperative. On this expert-led virtual classroom course, you’ll learn how going maintenance is a vital preventive measure to ensure that the door set operates correctly at all times.
Learning outcomesAfter successfully completing this virtual classroom course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of different types of available fire doors
- Clearly identify the regulations and standards applying to fire doors
- Understand the design and construction of steel fire doors
- Recognise the performance characteristics of steel fire doors
- Understand the importance and critical responsibility for correct installation
- Understand the practical maintenance of steel fire doors
- Appreciate the importance of key components such as door closers, locks and hinges
Is it right for me?This virtual classroom course is aimed at experienced individuals who are involved with installing and maintaining steel fire doors. You’re expected to already have an understanding of and be skilled in the installation of fenestration products and now wish to gain additional knowledge relating specifically to fire/smoke resistant hinged steel doors. The course will also benefit those involved in ordering hinged steel fire doors or involved in receiving and processing orders for hinged steel fire doors A discount of 20% is available for LPCB approved companies for the second and subsequent places. Please contact us for your discount code.
RequirementsYou are expected to have prior experience of installing and maintaining steel fire doors. There is no advance reading.
- The fundamentals of fire doors
- Regulations, testing and evidence of performance
- The design and construction of steel fire doors
- Performance characteristics of steel fire doors
- Installation of steel fire doors
- Maintenance and repair of steel fire doors
Learners who completed thisAfter successfully completing this virtual classroom course many learners progress to one of our recognised qualifications, such as our Level 3 Foundation in Passive Fire Protection, our Level 4 Diploma in Fire Risk Assessment, or register for our forthcoming Level 3 Award in Fire Door Inspection. Alternatively, you can broaden your knowledge through our other fire safety training courses.
- Designed and led by industry experts
- Comprehensive electronic course notes and materials
- Small virtual class sizes
- CPD certificate on completion